As I mentioned in my first WISE post, the WISE program is an English class as well as an individualized project. That means there are numerous classmates of mine who are simultaneously conducting their own research and diving into their own hands-on experience along with me throughout this semester.
Their projects range from building a canoe to launching a website. Check them out below; you never know what you’ll find!
- Julia is building a canoe.
- Rachel, the baker of our class, is adventuring in molecular gastronomy. I still don’t really know what that is, but from her description it sounds like a very cool take on modern foods.
- Grace is teaching herself Python so she can code a web game.
- St. John is going to learn how to produce/mix/engineer his own music.
- Edan, my magician friend, is bettering his magician skills.
- And Istvan is launching a website loaded with his own custom software that will help our high school’s Fractals and Chaos class.